The American Lung Association’s Open Airways for Schools® is a school-based curriculum that educates and empowers children through a fun and interactive approach to asthma self-management. It teaches children with asthma, ages 8 to 11, how to detect
the warning signs of asthma, avoid their triggers and make decisions about their health.
The Open Airways for Schools® Facilitator Training consists of five modules that will prepare educators to deliver OAS. The Facilitator Training will teach participants to:
- Recognize the characteristics and potential causes of asthma
- Discuss the treatment and prevention of asthma symptoms in children
- Teach the Open Airways for Schools® program directly to students with asthma
- Explain the objectives of the Open Airways for Schools® program
- Describe the development and overall evaluation of the OAS curriculum
The OAS Facilitator Training registration fee is $400. Facilitators receive:
- Open Airways for Schools Facilitator Training
- Three-year certification with an option to recertify
- Facilitator Device Toolkit
- OAS Curriculum
- Access to the Open Airways for Schools Facilitator Resource Center (online)
- Facilitator engagement and networking opportunities
Select “Single Purchase” to register and access the course. Select “Group Purchase” to pay for multiple seats and get access codes to pass along to participants. Select “Redeem Access Code” to register and enter the access code provided to you.
To see if there are discounts or scholarships available in your area, please email OAS@Lung.org.