The American Lung Association’s Kickin’ Asthma program educates and empowers children through a fun and interactive approach to asthma self-management. It teaches children with asthma, ages 11 to 16, how to detect the warning signs of asthma, avoid
their triggers and make decisions about their health.
The Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Training consists of four modules that prepare educators to deliver the program in school and community settings. This Facilitator Training will teach participants to:
- Describe the development and evaluation of the Kickin’ Asthma curriculum
- Describe the Kickin’ Asthma program
- Identify facilitation skills that will be helpful to teach teens
- Identify the steps to successful program delivery
- Learn how to collect and report evaluation data
The Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Training registration fee is $400. Facilitators receive:
- Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Training
- Three-year certification with an option to recertify
- Facilitator Device Toolkit
- Kickin’ Asthma Curriculum
- Access to the Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Resource Center (online)
- Facilitator engagement and networking opportunities
Select “Single Purchase” to register and access the course. Select “Group Purchase” to pay for multiple seats and get access codes to pass along to participants. Select “Redeem Access Code” to register and enter the access code provided to you.
To see if there are discounts or scholarships available in your area, please email KickinAsthma@Lung.org.