The American Lung Association’s INDEPTH® (Intervention for Nicotine Dependence: Education, Prevention,
Tobacco and Health) program is an alternative to suspension or citation program that is offered as an
option to students who face suspension
for violation of school tobacco use policies.
This free facilitator training course will cover the following topics in an hour:
- Become familiar with the background, history and need for INDEPTH
- Understand the problem we are facing around youth tobacco use, including e-cigarettes
- Be knowledgeable about the current types of tobacco products and marketing that lures youth to use
- Understand the INDEPTH program structure, layout and content
- Implement the INDEPTH alternative to suspension program effectively
Upon successful completion of the INDEPTH training, facilitators will receive 3-year certification and
access the INDEPTH Facilitator Guide and resources to plan and implement the program.
Along with the N-O-T Facilitator Training, INDEPTH is a part of the American Lung Association’s
Vape-Free Schools Initiative.
Vape-Free School participants have exclusive access to multiple promotional resources to share their
status with parents, school personnel, students and the surrounding community, and will be featured as a
member of the initiative on the American
Lung Association website.
Please note: If you plan to enroll in N-O-T Facilitator Training, wait to
take the INDEPTH course within NOT. You will still be required to take INDEPTH within NOT, regardless of
completing the stand-alone INDEPTH course.