The Breathe Well, Live Well® Educator Training prepares health professionals, health educators and community health workers to deliver asthma self-management education to adults and families using the American Lung Association’s Breathe Well, Live
Well program. The program teaches adults the management steps to take control of their asthma so they can be active and healthy.
Breathe Well, Live Well® is nationally tested and proven to help adults with asthma reduce the severity of asthma symptoms and respiratory problems. The program is flexible in delivery format options to meet the educational and learning needs of
The Breathe Well, Live Well® Educator Training consists of five modules. Participants will learn to:
- Understand the impact of poor asthma control
- Describe the treatment and prevention of asthma symptoms
- Explain the concepts of asthma self-management education
- Describe the evidence-base and evaluation of Breathe Well, Live Well®
- Use the Breathe Well, Live Well® guide to provide education sessions directly to adults with asthma
The Breathe Well, Live Well registration fee is $400. Educators receive:
- Breathe Well, Live Well Educator Training
- Three-year certification with an option to recertify
- Facilitator Device Toolkit
- 10 Breathe Well, Live Well Participant Workbooks (available in English and Spanish)
- Access to the Breathe Well, Live Well Facilitator Resource Center (online)
- Facilitator engagement and networking opportunities
Select “Single Purchase” to register and access the course. Select “Group Purchase” to pay for multiple seats and get access codes to pass along to participants. Select “Redeem Access Code” to register and enter the access code provided to you.
To see if there are discounts or scholarships available in your area, please email BreatheWell@Lung.org.