The American Lung Association’s Asthma Educator Institute™ (AEI) is a preparatory course for individuals that want to implement asthma guidelines-based care and those qualified to take the National Asthma Educator Certification Board (NAECB) examination.
The American Lung Association Asthma Educator Institute™ was developed in January of 2003 and mirrors the National Institute of Health, Expert Panel Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of the asthma condition.
- Identify factors contributing to acute and chronic asthma.
- Describe patient and family assessments related to asthma care.
- Discuss steps in the development, implementation and evaluation of an asthma management plan.
- Describe medications used in asthma management.
- Observe and demonstrate selected procedures in asthma assessment and care.
- Identify behavioral and environmental modifications in the management of asthma.
- Discuss patient and family assessments related to educational needs.
- Describe organizational issues (program outcomes, referral & networking) in asthma care.
The Asthma Educator Institute course registration fee is $300 $250 for a limited time. Participants receive:
- Detailed asthma training following the NAECB exam content and NIH EPR3 Asthma guidelines
- Digital downloadable course materials including:
- Participant handbook
- Resources and handouts
- Access for up to 6 months to complete the course
- 14.0 continuing education credits for a variety of healthcare professionals
Select “Single Purchase” to register and access the course. Select “Group Purchase” to pay for multiple seats and get access codes to pass along to participants. Select “Redeem Access Code” to register and enter the access code provided to you.
To see if there are discounts or scholarships available in your area, please email AsthmaEducatorInstitute@Lung.org.